Features of the Rio Beach Portable Sun Shelter
The Rio Beach Portable Sun Shelter is spacious and provides excellent SPF 50 sun protection. The seating area is 7 feet wide and can easily seat two sun chairs and plenty of beach equipment. The tent fabric is 75-denier polyester and this makes it pretty easy to wash and keep clean. The window is a mesh zip up and there are lots of internal storage pockets. It comes complete with a shoulder strap and carry bag.
- Very easy to assemble and also take apart
- Spacious with plenty of room for two adults and children
- Price point is very low and it offers excellent value for money
- Light to carry, weighing only 3.6 pounds
- Very lightweight which makes it subject to high winds
- The small wire stakes that are included with the shelter are inadequate for sand
- Poles are a little flimsy and some care is needed not to break them
What do Other People Say?
There are currently around 80 reviews. There are a number of comments around the susceptibility of this sun shelter to the wind and windy days. The average score is a little low at 3.8 but the vast majority of negative comments seem to be around the wind problem.
Most positive comments remarked on the excellent value for money and the price being one of the lowest for such a decent product.
There were a couple of comments regarding the poor stakes that come with the unit and one user said that they had bought the “suggested 10 inch Coleman Steel Tent Stakes” to go with the sun shelter. Since these are just $2.82 on offer at Amazon at the moment then this would seem to be a sensible and cheap solution to the problem. Even when not on offer the tent stakes are only $4.49.
The spaciousness of the sun shelter was mentioned a number of times with one user commenting that they were over 6 feet tall and they were able to sit on a sun chair under the shelter with their Great Dane lying next to them!